One of my absolute favorite places to visit is Lake Okoboji in Iowa.
No I did not spell it wrong or even make it up. It’s real, I promise. And this is the best place to vacation. People call me crazy for loving a lake in Iowa so much but let me give you a quick run down on why it’s so awesome.
- It is a huge beautiful lake
- Boating. Enough said.
- Tubing, wake boarding and swimming oh my!!
- Arnold’s park rickety old wooden roller coaster (literally feel like you’re going to fly out of it)
- Pirate’s cove mini golf, we are still the reigning champs!
- Fresh corn everyday
- Miles and miles of corn fields to run through (best for training for 1/2 marathon!)
- Hours and hours of board games
- Did I mention boating?
- Jet skiing (and i didn’t even fall in this year!)
- The people
- Three sons shop
- University of Okoboji which isn’t a real school it’s just made up, but they have all this nice Under Armor and Nike apparel 😉
This time going to Okoboji was especially special because I got to take Sean to my favorite place. I loved showing him around all my favorite places and he finally got to meet a lot of my dad’s family, which was my favorite part! We went boating, bike riding, mini golfing, road the roller coaster, played golf, swam a lot, ate corn almost every meal, laughed a lot and of course went to three sons. Like I said this is by far one of my favorite places on earth and it was so fun to share it with Sean!